Pope Francis at World Communications Day yesterday…
Originally posted on CNS Blog:
VATICAN CITY — What’s the recipe for successful communication?
For today’s feast of St. Francis de Sales, patron saint of the Catholic press and journalists, here’s a sampling of some of his simple tips:
- Without losing your bearings, expand your knowledge. Don’t barricade yourselves “behind sources of information, which only confirm (your) own wishes and ideas, or political and economic interests.”
- Don’t isolate yourselves from the people around you.
- “We need to love and be loved” so help your digital connections “grow into true encounters.” Make it a network “not of wires but of people.”
- Be deliberate, calm. Take the time to be silent and listen. Be patient with people “who are different” as you try to understand them.
- Don’t just tolerate, be genuinely attentive and accept the other…
View original 418 more words